Sunday, February 17, 2008

Real Evangelism

Is over....Thursday night with Pastor Johnny and Jerry Vines was awesome.

I'm really looking forward to the Evolve conference this week. I'm meeting a church planter from Vegas there. I don't know where we'll end up, or when, but my wife and I have a heart for the work going on in Vegas. On Valentines day, we spent some time at Starbucks together, and she shared with me her passion for our future serving God. It's awesome what God is doing in her heart. God puts stuff on her heart often times before it's on mine. God is aligning our passion in serving Him. It's awesome how He calls us to stuff together. That is such a key to successful ministry. I'm moving forward well on my school work, and I definately want to have my bachelors done and prefer to have at least an MAR (thinking from Liberty in Christian Leadership) before I plant as a lead pastor. Until then, it would be awesome to work with a plant there. I don't want to attempt to plant a church before I'm ready. People are too special to God for me not to be ready to do things right. No-one deserves to be a "guinei pig" in church work. There is a church planting school in Vegas that I've been told about that sound interesting. Vegas (I'm pretty sure) is the fastest (at least one of) growing city in the US, and is severely underchurched.

I'm reading Planting Missional Churches by Ed Stetzer right now. So far, it's awesome! It's exciting looking to the future!

No comments: