Thursday, February 14, 2008

Life Milestones

There are certain milestones we pass in life, and more specifically, family life. My wife and I have 3 awesome kids. Last night we pulled our oldest daughter's (who just turned 5) first tooth last night, and another is almost ready to come out. Also, our infant son is on the verge of crawling. He's sitting up by himself & pushing himself up. I just turned 30. Lisa will be 30 next month (she's getting old, but still looks 18 (I have to stay legal you know)). She'll appreciate the "old" comment. Anyway, life is passing by. I'm realizing that I don't want to waste mine. I'm thankful to God for what He's doing this year in the mentorship program, in my schooling, (I just received a full tuition scholarship to complete my school with Tennessee Temple (I'm checking on how everything will transfer over) and in my family .

Life moves quick. One major thing pastor is challenging me on is being fully prepared in my education. That was what Dr. Price challenged me on as well. It seems in ministry that if you're not rocking by the end of your 30's or at least by early 40's, the opportunities for dynamic ministry aren't as available (I saw this first hand at Acworth in the search for a pastor before Brett came). I want my life and ministry to count for something great for the Kingdom of God!

Life moves quick and is short. I'm learning that I'd better take advantage of the opportunities God gives me for my future in serving Him, because life doesn't come around a second time!

Enjoy the time here and now. Don't miss out on the blessings of life. Don't miss out on the future. Don't be short-sighted. Use the time now to prepare for the future, so that the future is always brighter than the present.

1 comment:

David Huey said...

It'll be good to be co-alumni!