Thursday, February 7, 2008

I'm Officially Old Now

Today is it. It's all downhill from here! 30 smacked me upside the head today. I can't believe it's actually here. I also can't believe how I look in my new Drivers License picture today. Ouch. I guess pictures are reality. I really need to do a crash diet or something.

God back from the Jax Pastors Conference last night. There was some great preaching. One of my favorites was a guy that Brett spoke very highly of, Don Wilton. He was a highlight. Pastor Johnny rocked as usual. I got to sit at a table with Pastor Johnny and Erwin Lutzer and learn some stuff-mainly, learn who you're at a table with and observe and say little.

I also got to hang out with my friend Darryl, a pastor from N.C. He was in town to bring his brother in-law Greg down to get acclimated with the city since he's going to be in Jax for 2 months undergoing cancer treatment. Pray for Greg. This doesn't look good. He needs encouragement and the hand of God.

Also, Darryl found out this weekend that his student pastor's wife had a little innapropriate "fling" going on with their daughters 18 yr. old boyfriend (who was leading worship in the youth group). Pray for that family. They need it. Pray for Darryl and his church. They are at the crossroads of exciting days. They have recently gone multi-campus and are in the beginning of an awesome building campaign.

One night Jeremy and I were out to eat and we asked the waiter if we could pray for him. He is a newly-wed Christian. He was a cool guy. He said he had been working at Chili's for over a year, and we were only the second people to ever ask if we could pray for him. He also said he hates waiting tables on Christians b/c they complain too much, are too high maintenance and tip too little. As a former waiter myself, I agree.

My oldest daughter must have grown 3 more inches while I was gone. She's definately going to be tall. I love my kids-and my wife- all whom (except for the oldest) have been sick here while I was away (and sick) in Jax. Fun stuff!

1 comment:

Joel said...

happy 30th Aaron! Now you know how it feels!!! "LOL"