Friday, March 28, 2008

Israel is Coming

Hey everybody, I'm posting the text from a letter about an upcoming trip to Israel I am going on. If you are able to help out, you can send a check payable to FBCW, leave the memo line blank (for tax purposes), to me here at the church (Put my name on the envelope). The address is 11905 Hwy 92, Woodstock, Ga. 30188. Anyone who can help, it's greatly appreciated!

Dear Friends and Family,

God has been doing some amazing things in the life of my family and me as we prepare for our future serving God in ministry. After 4+ years serving at FBC Acworth, God has led us to a new place in life as we begin training for our next phase of ministry.

Through a series of crazy, unforeseen, “God-sized” circumstances, I am being mentored this year by my pastor, Johnny Hunt. This is an opportunity that not many people will get during their life times, and I am excited about what I believe God is going to do in our future. Over the next year, I will be traveling with Pastor Johnny, observing him “in action”, attending different training schools and conferences, sitting in on and observing staff & deacon meetings, extensively building my Theological Library, etc…This year is going to be an invaluable opportunity to prepare for ministry!

God has been faithful to us during this time. When we made the decision to follow God in this direction, it was a complete move of faith, primarily because of the salary difference. However, due to God’s blessings, both from friends and family & from Pastor and FBC Woodstock, and due to Dave Ramsey’s FPU and our getting out of credit card debt, and trusting God to provide where He leads, we have followed God’s leading in our lives to take this step!

One huge opportunity that has come available for me is to travel with Pastor Johnny to Israel in May! Some highlighted places we will be visiting include Golgotha (where Christ was crucified), the Dead Sea, the Jordan River, along with many other sites in Israel and Jerusalem! The cost of this trip is $2995. I look forward to the places I have read about in the Bible coming to life! As many of you know, I have been on many international trips. In fact, I just returned from my fifth trip to Russia January 15th after doing “Elvis” and ministering in many orphanages. For the past several years, God has blessed us and I have been able to pay for the majority of my travels out of pocket and have only raised minimal support. However, in order to attend this trip, and in order not to deplete a good portion of my travel & book budget, I need your financial support.

If you can help in this area, it would be a great blessing! Gifts are tax deductible.

Please pray for Lisa and I and the kids during this upcoming year! Maegan is 5, Annalyn is 3 and A.J. is 7 months old! My goal is to teach my children what it means to trust Jesus with our lives, to be willing to follow God in whatever direction He leads, and to show them that God is faithful and He does provide where He leads! I covet your prayers and support!

Sincerely,



Aaron Brookshire
aaronbrookshire@gmail.com
404-345-7008

No comments: