Thursday, March 20, 2008

OUCH!!!

Pastor Johnny is out of town this week, so he gave me a few days off so that I could catch up on stuff around the house and also to spend a little time with my dad who got home from Iraq Tuesday.

This shouldn't happen, but our house, which is brand new that we moved into in January, was showing some signs of erosion on the edge of the small incline it's on. I figured, either spend a couple of hundred now and fix it properly or wait and have to bring in some professionals later. While I'm all about helping out the economy, I'm not ready to commit at that level. Anyway, yesterday I put out 100 decorative landscape blocks (the big, heavy ones), 40 of the smaller ones and a bunch of patio stones in the back. Today, I can't move. My entire body hurts. I would laugh at myself, but that hurts too. However, the front yard looks really good!

Also, I got to do a little "pastoral care" today. We (Jeremy and I) are helping the pastoral care department a little bit with some of the hospital visits. We attempted (some weren't in the rooms) 17 visits today in 3 hospitals. It took a little time, let me tell you. It was fun doing a little "pastoral" stuff again.

Sad News...A couple in our Sunday school class gave early birth to twins this past week. They didn't make it. The funeral is Saturday. I can't imagine the pain they're feeling right now. My heart hurts with and for them.

I love my kids.

I'm looking forward to the friends that are coming Saturday night for Maegan's baptism.

If everything continues to go well, I will be graduating from Liberty next May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: