Thursday, January 3, 2008

Verse & Thought of the Day

As talked about in other posts, I've been doing a lot of reading lately. Right now I am reading the book, "The End of Religion" by Bruxy Cavey. I'm enjoying it. I recommend it (so far, I'm about 3/4 through it). It really gets you to thinking. Anyway, here is a verse that has just jumped out at me that is at the end of one of the chapters in the book.

Hosea 6:6 " I want you to show love, not offer sacrifices. I want you to know me more than I want burnt offerings."

Quotes:

These are from the Chapter on John 1:1-4 John 1
Prologue: Christ, the Eternal Word

"In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone."

"Christ followers are not actually people of the Book, but people of the Person" p 182

"Bible knowledge is just a first step toward the goal of following Jesus" p 182

"If following Jesus is our goal, it will readically change how we read, interpret and apply the Bible" p 184

No comments: