Saturday, January 5, 2008

Time to Start Packing

I'm taking off in 28 hours for Russia. It's getting close to time to pack. Went with Pastor Johnny to a COGBE (Conf. of Ga. Bapt. Evang.) He was aweseome. He taught from 2 Tim. 1, teaching on what pastors & evangelists need based off of Paul's Encouragement to Timothy. 1. Affection 2. Petition (Praying for him) 3. Devotion (true devotion to someone means that you truly know them) 4. Passion (stirring up your desire to serve Christ). Also, we all need respect.

Pretty cool evening. Russ Lee did a concert too. He rocks. Great voice. He got back last year from a 6-month mission trip with his family. They cleared their calendar, totally stepped out on faith re: the finances and went to all the continents (except Antartica. He said penguins dress up but you can't get them to come to church) and did free concerts and saw like 6,000 people come to Christ. Now he's a worship pastor at his local church. His wife, Mary, is in the last part of an aggressive cancer treatment that is for now gone. Pray for her.

What was funny was seeing the politicians from NAMB and some of the "Christian-Eze", gushy, touchy guys that can make a good "concerned" look with their face that you want to slap. There were definately some interesting people there.

Got the Elvis suit fixed yesterday, so it's ready for the trip. I'll be doing Elvis shows in a bunch of orphanages in Russia and sharing Christ and our team will be working to provide Christmas gifts for over 1,ooo kids. Pray for us & for those kids. I'm already getting a cold. The "good" thing is that it's not going to be as cold as I originally thought. It will be in the teens every day. I thought it would be below 0. While I'm in Russia, Pastor and Jeremy & their families will be on a Bahamas cruise that I could have been on. Maybe it will rain on all of them the whole time...I'm not bitter...

Kidding. Pray for me. Russia is going to ROCK!!!

2 comments:

Joel said...

Hey Bro!!

He safe in Russia! Ministry is sometimes hard. I think that the cruise will be pretty tough for those guys, but I'm sure that your going the extra mile. In heaven you'll get the "Russia trip jewel" reward they'll get the "Cruise-shiny-plastic-bracelet." reward. lol

Joel said...

Crap!! I meant to say "Be safe..." not "He safe..." what a idiot homeschooler I yam.