Thursday, April 24, 2008

Awesome Time

Branson was great. The response to "Elvis" was great. Hopefully I'll have a video of it up soon on my new site. Russ Taff, a legendary Gospel singer, was there, and was very complimentary of the show, which was great, since he used to be with the Imperials, (the "first generation" Imperials were Elvis' back-up singers). It was a lot of fun. It was cool singing to such a huge crowd. I'll be singing at Jubilee next week in Myrtle Beach.

We got back from Branson around 4 am this morning. I got to sleep around 4:30 or 5 this morning, then back up at 9 to go do "Elvis" at FBC Rockmart. There was a lady there that saw me perform in Branson yesterday. She got back around 2. That was pretty cool.

I mentioned several months ago I have 3 big prayer requests I'm praying to God for. As of today, the first 2 have been answered. My "Elvis" equipment is getting old, and if I'm going to keep doing it, I'm about to have to spend some money on new equipment. I've pretty much quit performing in restaurants and corporate events and do it primarily as a ministry for churches and assisted living homes, mission trips, etc... I enjoy doing it for these causes, but I charge a lot less for them. I used my sound system a lot during my time at FBC Acworth, and started having problems with it a while back-nothing major, but I noticed it was having issues. Recently, my sound died temporarily at a show, but came back. Today, it wouldn't work at all. Thankfully, the church had a decent system in their fellowship hall. Anyway, I told them I had been praying for the funds for a new system, and I was working on a project for Jerry Vines that was going to pay enough money for it, so very soon I would have a new sound system. Anyway, this lady came up to me after the show and asked how much a new system would cost. I told her around $800, so she pulled out her checkbook and gave me a check for $800! I couldn't believe it! It was awesome. As soon as the check clears, I'll have a new system, ready to continue doing ministry. I'm looking at a little different system that will allow me to do more outdoor, community type events that will better handle a live band. I'm looking forward to more ministry! That frees up other money for a much needed jumpsuit!

1 comment:

Jon said...

"As soon as the check clears."

LOL! I hope it doesn't bounce!

Besides, I'm only gonna pay you fifty bucks! ;-)