Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Amazing Song of Prayer For Us At This Time



Lisa and I are in a transitionary stage of life. I had this plan a year ago of what we would be doing now. God has laughed at that plan.

As I ended the mentor program, Lisa and I made another plan to prepare for our next steps of serving Christ. They were plans that made sense to me, and they weren't bad, but they weren't necessarily what God has planned, at least for how it looks right now.

I thought we were immune to the economy. I am working for Alex at Chick Fil A, and business is up from last year. Lisa is teaching. You've got to have teachers. Evidently, you don't need as many teachers as I thought.

Cherokee County has decided that they aren't going to renew contracts for every teacher that was part time this year. That has made things a little stressful. This really throws a kink in my plans! However, it doesn't throw one in God's plans! Due to the worsening economy, other counties aren't hiring like they were in the past.

So here we are, at a point of dependance on God, praying for what's next, but truly ready to say "yes and amen", whether that means serving God in this area, another area, another state or country.

We truly need direction! There are options, but I don't want to follow options, I want to follow God's desire for us as we serve Him.

1 comment:

Joel said...

It's scary standing on the precipice of darkness. Just remember that God's in the darkness. The darkness is there because God wants it there!