Monday, January 19, 2009

It's My Pleasure...

The mentorship has come and gone. 2008 screamed by! We're now waiting to see what's next.

Maybe we're their now, I don't know.

For the time being, I'm working at a Chick Fil A in buckhead off of Peachtree Rd across from Piedmont Hospital as a manager. It's a cool opportunity. I'm trying to learn all I can about business, organization and managing people.

Chick Fil A is a class act. Everything must be done with excellence. They are all about "second mile service". Wonder where they got that ;)

It's been pretty cool. A Lambo came through the drive thru the other day, along with a convertible Bentley. We also provided all the food for Georgia Tech for the Peach Bowl-hope it wasn't our fault they got throttled! (CFA also provided the food for LSU).

Dr. Price told me one time to be successful in ministry, I should have the Chick Fil A mentality. Whenever you thank a CFA employee, their response is to be "It's my pleasure". He was teaching me that when responding to people, even the ones that we don't like that much, our attitude is to be "It's my pleasure to serve you". I figured I should go learn this first hand!

If you're in the area of P'tree and Collier, and you have a craving to "Eat More Chicken", or you need an amazing milk shake, stop by!

No comments: